Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help! Best lawyer in Greensboro NC for child custody

Default Need Help! Best lawyer in Greensboro NC for child custody

Without telling my whole life story I need the best lawyer I can get for a child custody case that has gone wrong. Anyone have any lawyer friends or experience in that part of the country. I live in Moble Al and am thinking I will have to go to Greensboro NC, get a lawyer to sue for custody; to save my son from being totally ruined by his mother. We weren't married, lived together and turns out she liked cops and internet more than me. For her, the grass was greener on the other side and she called it quits after his 1st bday and stayed in Mobile till he was almost 9. With only a few days notice before moving to NC, i was informed of the move and she already had job, housing and getting married. I didn't try to stop her from going because I didnt have time to prove paternity and get it stopped according to lawyers I talked to, plus being a nice guy (didnt want her thinking it was a desperate attempt to stop her marriage or keep her at her chosen crap job here). Anyway 3 years later she is divorced, our son has lots of issues that have recently come to my attention(just turned 12), having lots of trouble in school and she got another job that requires her to go to Wash DC for training.
    My problem! After my christmas visit I drop my son off at her mothers house (per her instructions) on Jan 2 in Mobile Al., and she never came to get him. She instructed my son to lie about everything in hopes I wouldn't find out about him secretly living here. I picked up from grandmothers on Jun 19th (for what was only supposed to be 2 weeks she would let me have this summer) and found out in a few days had been here for all of 2010 except for 1 week. Find out a bunch of other stuff that she had done to him but none of it involved violence just emotional stuff. Get a lawyer (good friend of the Doctor my wife works for) and he said we have great case, his residency was re-established here after 6 months and abandonment at Nanas. Get temp custody, work on his issues because he always slept with nana or mom when they werent sleeping with someone else, has serious anxiety issues, ADHD and frequently behaves and is treated by them as if he is still 5 or 6. Me and my wife made alot of progress, kept him all summer and enroll in private school that started Aug 10. The show of cause hearing was yesterday and the judge threw it out saying he didn't have jurisdiction in case because his residency wasn't established and he went back to NC with mom yesterday. So far wasted about 5 grand in lawyer, uniforms tuition books school supplies ect. I make about 50k a year (her new job is close to 70k with fed govt) and she says I owe her 925 month support and need to leave the past behind us and work something out for child support and future visitation. I've been paying his insurance since day 1 and giving her about 400 month for last 11 years since she decided to chase her career, internet guys (my wife thinks she like the real manly girls) and leave my son wherever it suits her since she moved to NC. He needs to be rescued from the hell he is in but he doesn't see the lies games and emotional toll it is having on him and wants to stay with her.
    Last edited by standup616; 09-11-2010 at 09:30 PM.
    Bill

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives. Ronald Reagan

1998 246 Adventurer (Walk Around Cuddy) with a RWC TBI THREEFITY

Sounds like a mess. Best of luck with that.

Good judgment comes from experience which comes from bad judgment.
    1991 22 Shamrock Warrior SUV (Sport Utility Vessel)
    393 Ford Stroker

Joshua 24:15
    As for me and my house, We will serve the Lord

I remember when the Nobel Peace Prize was something one earned through sustained and meritorious service to mankind. When did it change.

My reccomendation is to ask a local attorny if he has anyone he can refer up there. If not just do some internet research on lawyers up there and pick one. Sounds like a long battle waiting to happen and wish you the best of luck.
    IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH A HAMMER, ITS AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM
    "The Best Bilge Pump Is A Scared Man With A Bucket"
    83 20' Cuddy Shammy 350 Chevy - SOLD
    21' Carolina Skiff 140 Tohatsu Jet Drive - Fish Killin, Shallow Running Machine that would make any Hell's Bay Jealous
    1999 26' Open 350 Carb - "SHAMWOW!" - FOR SALE
    "I would rather have a gun in my hand than a cop on the phone" - Author Unknown

pwillie Guest

I will have you one monday. I do business in that area.

Check with your CPA for a referral, too.
    1996 200 WA
    5.7 Indmar TBI
    275 HP FWC full system
    Hurth

Preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America so help me God

Thanks guys. I want the best because my son deserves better than he has been getting since she took him to NC but he still wants to be with "mommy". For his birthday I allowed him to see her and his stories changed about what she had done the last 3 years and came back with a teddy bear and flowers. HE IS A 12 YEAR OLD BOY! anyway. I think my local attorney is seriously embarrassed because he thought we had this part in the bag. He did very little prep and promised to call me later in the day after the defeat, 36 hours later still no word from him.
    Bill

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives. Ronald Reagan

1998 246 Adventurer (Walk Around Cuddy) with a RWC TBI THREEFITY

I hate to tell you this, but your chances are slim to none. The judge will almost always rule for the mom, she can be a hooker, as long as she doesnt do it in front of your son.
    Good luck tho, hope you win out.
    PM me a phone number and I we can discuss this, I've been there, BTW I "won".
    2003 Shamrock 290 WA, twin 315 Yanmars.

I'll send a prayer your way and hope it all works out...........I can't even say I feel your pain because I could NOT imagine what you must be going through.....

Best of luck?...If thats gonna help....With lawyer's involved....May you pick the best.............Hard nosed you can find............and cheap!!!!He/She Wants to gain a reputation for winning.........
    Amber Leigh

2003 246 CC Gelding
    350-330 mpi cap's choice

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Latin for:When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults

Disclaimer:I am not responsable for the accuracy made in these posts ..... IANAL

Some divorces take a long time.
    1996 200 WA
    5.7 Indmar TBI
    275 HP FWC full system
    Hurth

Preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America so help me God

Default Best lawyer in Greensboro NC for child custody

I haven't got a clue, but a friend who is an attorney in Greensboro recommends a Barbara Morgenstern as the best family law attorney in town.

FWIW, you mileage may vary.

Good Luck,

Chad
    Marissa D

1988 20' Cuddy